Z-Bee Duo/WiFi Coordinator
- Open Z-Bee case and insert Wifi module as in the picture above.
- Power Z-Bee (i.e. with a cellular charger, do not insert in a PC/Raspberry USB port when used as ser2net adapter).
- Wifi module now create an Access point because it is not connected to home wifi: connect to that AP (be sure that DHCP is enabled on your computer) and open module Webpage to connect it to your wifi. Address is 192.168.4.1.
- Once connected to your wifi, check Z-Bee IP address in router settings or using apps like Fing. It is recommended to set a static IP for Z-Bee; this can be done in your router settings.
Please follow general zigbee installation instructions here before. Once Z-Bee Duo wifi is connected to wifi network, its ip address have to be set in zigbee2mqtt configuration file as in the picture below:
- Stop zigbee2mqtt.
- Open zigbee2mqtt configuration file and edit serial port as shown.
- Start zigbee2mqtt. NOTE If Z-bee was previously used as USB adapter, the new configuration will maintain all previous settings (no need to repair etc.).
Please follow general zigbee installation instructions here before. Once Z-Bee Duo wifi is connected to wifi network, during ZHA initial setup its ip address have to be set in ZHA Serial device path as shown:
socket://[IP]:[PORT] for example
If Z-Bee Duo was previously used as USB adapter, to migrate to a WiFi or Lan solution follow these steps:
- Delete the whole ZHA integration from Homeassistant settings. Note that the devices already paired wil be mainteined in ZHA configuration !!!
- Add again ZHA integration using ip/port address as shown above this time.
- The new configuration will maintain all previous settings (no need to repair etc.).